We currently have no career vacancies.
Occupational Therapist (Trusted Assessor)
South West England
(Covering Cornwall, Devon, Dorset, Wiltshire, Somerset, Hampshire, Berkshire, Oxfordshire and South Gloucestershire.)
- OTE £55K plus pension Per Annum, salary, Commission and bonuses, with guaranteed fixed income for the first 12 months.
- Permanent – Full Time.
- Based at home and travelling to see clients in their home environments.
Closes on 30 May 2022.
Theraposture Ltd – The UK’s leading supplier of Adjustable Beds and Care Cots for adults and children with a range of complex needs. Our reputation is second to none as a company that offers a completely trustworthy, ethical, and clinical approach to supplying unique and proven assistive equipment solutions.
Theraposture have an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated and dynamic individual to join our well established and successful team of Trusted Assessors. This role would suit a “hands on” Occupational Therapist who is looking for a rewarding position, whilst very much retaining clinical skills working with both paediatric and adult clients. A Trusted Assessor is performing a clinically led sales role and the successful applicant would require some commercial awareness. We have already successfully appointed an OT in a similar role who would support the successful applicant on an ongoing basis.
You will be able to use your functional assessment skills and product knowledge to ensure that the recommended product will meet all identified needs, wants and risks. You will support Occupational Therapists with their clinical reasoning when assessments are completed to ensure the best outcome for the client is achieved. Additionally, you will also be working with privately funding clients. In all cases, you will remain engaged with the equipment user throughout the process of providing equipment.
Personal skills needed
- Effective time management.
- Organised and detailed in your approach.
- A good listener to identify clients’ needs.
- Confident in demonstrating and discussing products in front of clients, Therapists, carers and family members.
- Be able to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels.
- Having a can-do attitude.
- To offer CPD training to other Healthcare Professionals.
Clinical skills needed
- Have experience working in a multi-disciplinary team within a range of clinical and community settings.
- Experience of moving and handling.
- Proficient in completing functional assessments (adults and paediatrics).
Business skills needed
- Competent with Microsoft office package.
- To create detailed quotations and justification for them.
- To be able to detail specifications in a clear and unambiguous way for manufacture.
- To present to Healthcare Professionals using video platforms.
- To be able to form and maintain working relationships with OT clients and to be able to network effectively.
The role includes travelling, occasional nights away from home and demonstrating some larger items of equipment. We would provide opportunities and would support the successful applicant in their personal continued professional development.
Other benefits include company vehicle; pension, laptop, all business expenses covered, and five weeks paid holiday.